Prairie Points were already my fav before I found Nancy Sieman's blog and the directions for what she calls Column Quilts. This is just a section of a column. I will sew wide rectangles to each side to enclose the fidget items: a double triangle pocket at the bottom and folded squares and rectangles forming more touch items.
A better view of how the pieces can be fondled.
This satin butterfly is still in progress. Machine embroidery lines are stitched from the wrong side with variegated Knit-Cro-Sheen wound on the bobbin.
High heeled pumps can be left plain or decorated. I think plain will work here. These are craft felt appliqued on lime fleece; they have texture!
This is one of a number of vintage Carolina Lily quilt blocks that I am using in touch quilts. They are hand stitched so for these quilts I am stitching in the ditch with decorative machine stitches once the backing is on.
I thought this might be a terrific idea before I made the drawstring purse. It is poplin with a silk lining. Paracord is the drawstring. It's a stiff affair. Suzanne thinks it might work for some of the residents and suggested we try it out despite my misgivings.
Drawstring purse when the drawstrings are fully opened. It's on a flimsy piece so I am going to quilt the square onto another square of fabric before sewing the block to its companions.
This quilt was laid out before I stopped making plain 36" lap quilts with square blocks. This one is
nine 12" blocks. I have two more 'Ladies' in progress with more and smaller blocks.
Another pretty quilt.
ReplyDelete