I found an item at a thrift store that will yield 2 yards of 44" cotton material in this print plus some scraps and some green broadcloth scraps.
It worked out to $3.50 per yard. I am excited about using this fabric both for large farm scenes worked into landscape patchwork with green hills and blue sky, and fussy cut pieces to make a Velcro book with pages attached to a quilt. A little trapunto quilting, some couching and other additions will add texture.
Swatches will also work as center panels for a patch block with either rectangles or triangles.
The picture doesn't show the Sunflowers. Sunflower blocks are great, too, to add to some of this in a quilt. Note the hen and rooster, and the pig at left.
I'm glad to have pictorial fabric for the interest on different quilts. Fun.

Hi, thanks for connecting with me via Pinterest. I really like your touch quilts. Nice to see your themes. As you noticed mine have themes too. I will let you know when I make those beads. I have made paper ones, then covered them in UTEE and made them into almost a plastic. Not something that would be durable for a quilt though. More for just an artsy project.
ReplyDelete