One of the upper corners is a large square of lavender satin with a padded touch square in the center and an appliqued crochet piece from a collection of medallions and motifs someone gave me. Tactile in the extreme!
One of my favorites for texture: a wool square with velveteen flowers,
fleece leaves and satin ribbon stems.
A square of what I call 'lady print' flannel with grosgrain ribbons.
There is a foam bead in the center square to discover.
The button is on a length of cord that allows it to store in a deep slit pocket. Pulled out, it may be hooked with the loop or slipped into the little patch pocket.
Green fleece and pink felt high heels for fun.
Gold color machine embroidery, couched yarn, a row of curved stitching and two lines of couched embroidery floss. Great textures, interesting embellishing for a sold square.
This piece of quilt blocks fit into the space of two blocks of the quilt.
Carolina Lily pattern, it has flocked pieces:
the pink print and the yellow print have excellent texture.
The center square had a small drawstring bag attached.
Paracord ties are long enough to allow it to flatten, revealing the silk lining.
I almost omitted this feature but when I showed it to Suzanne she thought
it would make a fun item for busy hands.
Perhaps my favorite, a velveteen square has a column of shallow pockets, some ribbon loops and a prairie point in the style that Nancy Zieman teaches on her web site.
This quilt has 12" squares. There are enough 12" squares to make a second one, but I may slash them into smaller pieces for a different look. The next quilt has 8" squares. The various tactile items and embellishments are mostly done, ready to sew together.
This quilt is backed with pink flannel. Since there is no batting, these quilts do not require quilting to hold the batting in place. Minimal quilting makes for a softer quilt. There is enough straight line quilting to hold the lining in place and a little reinforcement where I think there might be stress, like under and around the drawstring bag.
The vintage Carolina Lily blocks were hand pieced, so I topstitched where the seam allowance turned back to make sure they didn't come apart before I assembled the top. Once the quilt was put together I stitched along the ditch a few times to hold the backing in place.
No comments:
Post a Comment